IPS e.max is the ultimate in metal-free esthetics and durability, and has changed the way we approach restorative dentistry. It gives you the confidence you need with long-lasting, beautiful smiles.
IPS e.max CAD combines modern processing technology with a high-performance material, innovative lithium disilicate glass-ceramic block, for the CAD/CAM technology. It is manufactured using an innovative technological process, unique in the dental industry. IPS e.max CAD blocks are suitable for the efficient fabrication of esthetic high-strength single-tooth restorations, such as veneers, inlays, partial crowns and crowns. The innovative IPS e.max CAD-on technique now allows the fabrication of up to 4-unit posterior bridges with the best in overall strength.
It is first processed for the lab in a crystalline intermediate phase, where it has its unique blue hue and a strength of 160 MPa. Restorations can be manually adjusted or cut-back during this phase, in an efficient manner. During a simple and quick crystallization process, the material obtains its final strength of 360 MPa and the desired esthetic properties, such as tooth shade, translucency and brightness.
IPS e.max CAD can be designed to full contour or be used to fabricate frameworks. The frameworks are either veneered with IPS e.max Ceram or IPS e.max is pressed onto them. No matter the method you use, there is still an optimum bond with the zirconia liner. Due to the strength and durability, IPS e.max ZirCAD is the material of choice where high strength is required.
- High strength (360 MPa) and high esthetics
- Efficient, economical processing due to easy milling properties
- Minimally invasive restorations
- Three levels of translucency for maximum flexibility
- One day for a completed posterior bridge with outstanding overall strength (supported by zirconium)
- Adhesive, self-adhesive or conventional cementation depending on the indication
- Thin veneers
- Minimally invasive inlays/onlays
- Partial crowns and full crowns
- 3 to 4 unit bridges
- Implant superstructures